A survey template is a reusable set of sections, items, and questions that are designed to guide a user through a checklist/survey. Surveys can be set to personal, visible only to the user that created them, or visible to the entire organisation user base.
From any dashboard screen, Click ‘Surveys’ on the main menu.
Each survey template is displayed as a row of Information:
- Survey template name
- Creator (the user who created It)
- Published or unpublished status (see below)
- Date (the date the survey was last edited/created)
- Tags (used amongst other things to describe a survey’s status e.g., development/ live/ training)
- Type (see below)
Add a survey template if you want to start building with a blank survey.
From the ‘Manage Surveys’ screen, click on the round orange and white ‘+’ symbol. The ADD NEW SURVEY sidebar opens. Click the x button to close the sidebar.
Enter the following details:
- Survey name (as you click on this box a helpful set of previous survey names will appear. If you click on one of these, be sure to slightly modify it for ease of future reference)
- Survey type (as you click on this box a set of survey types will appear. If you click personal, then only you will be able to see that survey unless you change its status at some point in the future. If you click organisation, then everyone with the right to see surveys in your organisation will be able to see it and modify it).
- Creator (as you click on this box a list of users will appear, click on one to set the owner of this survey for future reference). Please note that being an owner of a survey does not lock others out from amending it.
Click ‘Create Survey’. The sidebar will automatically close.
Alternate create survey method: From the ‘Manage Surveys’ screen, click ‘Create Survey’ – then follow the instructions above.