Looking for a property inspection app to help you streamline your ‘Asbestos Inspection Report’ process?
When you set up a job in the Brightchecker system you can attach prebuilt survey templates to do just that!
Why Asbestos Inspection is a Good Idea
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a term used to refer to a set of six naturally occurring minerals. These minerals are composed of thin, needle-like fibers that can easily become airborne when disturbed. The most common types of asbestos are chrysotile, amosite, and crocidolite.
Due to its excellent heat resistance and durability, asbestos was frequently used in various construction materials, including insulation, floor tiles, roofing, and cement products. However, it is crucial to identify and address any asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) present in your home to prevent exposure.
However, prolonged exposure to asbestos fibres can lead to dire health consequences. Inhalation of these microscopic fibres can cause serious respiratory diseases, including lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis.
The Importance of Asbestos Inspection
An asbestos inspection plays a pivotal role in identifying and managing potential asbestos hazards within a building.
Asbestos-containing materials are often concealed within the structure of a building, making their presence difficult to detect without professional assistance. An experienced asbestos inspector has the knowledge and tools to identify hidden asbestos and assess its condition.
What to Expect During an Asbestos Inspection
During an asbestos inspection, a qualified professional will visually examine your home’s structure, taking note of materials that may contain asbestos. They may also collect samples of suspected materials for laboratory analysis to confirm the presence of asbestos fibres.
By evaluating the location, quantity, and friability (ease of fibre release) of ACMs, the inspector determines the level of risk and recommends appropriate action.
Why Use a Brightchecker Digital Checklist?
In today’s fast-paced and demanding work environment, efficiency is key.
With multiple tasks to juggle and deadlines to meet, you need something to come to your rescue.
Look no further than the Brightchecker Inspection App!
Our digital checklist will:
- Give you a clear roadmap to follow, thereby reducing your stress and allowing you to perform at your best.
- Break the job into smaller manageable tasks, thereby making sure nothing is missed and you do not feel overwhelmed.
- Provide common responses, thereby improving efficiency and reducing risk.
- Allow you to enter detailed notes or photos, thereby enabling you to capture condition more precisely, list defects and their severity, and make defect recommendations that call for action.
- Give you a visual reminder of progress, thereby boosting your motivation and propelling you forward.
- Eliminate the need for paper-based inspections and manual report compilation, thereby leading to increased productivity and reduced costs in the long run.
- Safely store completed jobs in the cloud, thereby allowing you to instantly publish reports via a link, pdf, or excel file.
- Act as a starting point for you to develop your own bespoke checklist, thereby reflecting your own inspection procedures and needs. Add new tasks, responses, digital signatures and more.
Every checklist/survey structure consists of (1) sections, (2) section items, and (3) item questions.
When you load the survey onto the mobile app, you also see multiple choice options, hints, and instructions.
There is only one section for this checklist.
Asbestos Inspection Report: Items & Questions
This is an extract from part of the checklist.
You can duplicate and rename sections and items.
Checklist/ Survey Details:
Brightchecker Name: ‘Asbestos Inspection Report’
Brightchecker Report Template: ‘Generic Report – Cover, Contents & Back Page’
Get your Free Trial
Check out a Knowledge Base Video Here
See more Helpful Content
Visit our Homepage